Walking DULVERTON and area
Avista Press 2021, ISBN 978-0-9555441-2-5, 64pp. Price £6.50 (free UK postage).
The book contains 14 main walks (30 routes in all) and covers the area between Exford, the Ansteys, Bampton, Wimbleball and Wheddon Cross, centred on Dulverton. All walks (other than one from Wimbleball) either start in Dulverton or are easily accessible by bus.
The book is available from outlets in Dulverton, Exford and Withypool as well as via the button below (this takes you to a secure Paypal payments page; choose the grey 'Check Out' option to pay by debit/credit card).
Updates to route notes, buses, refreshments etc. are posted here: Bookupdates
1. Around town 1½ mile circular
2. Marsh Bridge and Court Down 3 or 4 mile circular
3. Hawkridge and the River Barle 6 or 11 mile circular
4. Exford and Withypool 13 or 10½ mile linear
5. Tarr Steps 11 or 7½ mile circular
6. Winsford 12½ mile circular or 6-6½ mile linear
7. Wheddon Cross 4 or 10 mile linear
8. Bury 9 or 14½ mile circular
9. Bampton 6 mile linear
10. Brushford and Chilcott 5 or 8½ mile circular
11. East and West Anstey 8 or 11 mile circular
12. Winsford and Tarr Steps 9 or 5 mile circular
13. Winsford and Exford 11 or 5 mile circular, or 5½ mile linear
14. Wimbleball and Bury 7½ or 3½ mile circular